So let's see....We're all moved into our house and have unpacked everything that needs unpacking. We've painted the kitchen but we aren't loving the color. Our cherry cabinets and funky-grey colored Corian don't look great with too many colors but I have to say that the green we painted looks a milllllllllion times better than the nougat color that was there previously.
And of course since we've been here 2 months already (!!!) we've encountered typical fun homeownership like plumbing problems. 2 trips from the plumbers later we're back in business. The day after that happened our dishwasher died. This kills us, as the dishwasher is *maybe* 3 years old. Turns out it needs a new computer module! Luckily we received a home owners warranty with the house and were able to apply that to the service call. But still...I smell a famous "Lynn letter" to Maytag in the near future!
This past weekend (8/13) my brother Bob came and built us a gate for our deck. After a scare with Jenna falling in the pool a few months back and having a very rambunctious toddler we didn't want to take any more chances. The gate looks great and Aaron keeps saying, "AJ safe! No doggies in pool!"
Before:
And after:
We've been keeping busy this summer and doing lots of fun things like going to the zoo, the beach, the county beach/park, the playground and visiting fun places like Chicago! Aaron turned TWO on June 30 and we celebrated here in our new home on July 3rd. We had about 20 people at his party and he had a great time. He got lots of really fun toys and he got to eat cake! We rarely give him treats like that so he was happy that mommy gave in and let him eat something fun! :)
We recently returned from NY where we went to Keith's mom's wedding. We had a great time and Aaron was quite the trooper. We were at the wedding and various other activities during prime napping time but he still did pretty well considering. For a little guy who hates to sleep anywhere but in his crib he did amazingly well. He had a great time at the wedding and as Mary Ann came walking up the aisle he said in the cutest little voice, "Hiiiiiiiiii Grandma!" Everyone got a chuckle out of that. He had so much fun dancing there too and stole the show a few times. After a few hours Keith and I took him back to MaryAnn and Bob's house and put him to bed. We had a babysitter (HOOORAY!) stay while he slept and Keith and I enjoyed some adult time sans child. It was great! :)
Aaron is absolutely amazing. His speech both amazes and astonishes me every single day. Today he said his longest sentence yet: "Aunt Linda gave me (this) race car at her house" He is constantly telling me that he loves us and when he goes to bed at night I always say, "Good night! Sleep tight! I love you!" Recently he has started telling me, "I love you too mommy sweetie pie" which of course makes me melt.
He has very good manners, too. I know they won't always be this great but I am hoping that with gentle reminders he'll be a polite child. He always says "Bless you" after we sneeze and remembers most of the time to say Thank You and Please. He's been shaking hands for awhile now but I'm trying to teach him to say, "Pleased to meet you" In toddler speak that comes out pretty funny but it's cute watching him pump someone's hand up and down :)
His memory is so great too. Back in April we went to a local store with my friend Angie and her daughter Sylvia. Angie parked her car next to mine and that was the only time he saw it. A few weeks ago Aaron and I were driving down the street and he said, "I see Angie's car!" I had no idea what on earth he was talking about until I looked over and sure enough - a car exactly like Angie's was driving in the lane next to us. He is really getting into longer books and will often sit and recite words on pages (almost word for word) when he's looking through them. Among his favorites are "Go Dog Go!" and "Hop on Pop".
At his 2 year checkup he weighed only 29 lbs, 14 oz and he was 36" tall. But I know he's taller than that (closer to 37") because his leg was bent when he was on the growth chart. He is definitely tall and skinny, that's for sure. Whenever people ask me how old he is and I say "Two" they are amazed that he's that young for how tall he is. And since he eats constantly (most heard phrases here in this house are "AJ hungry! Cup of milk please!") one would think that he'd weigh more.
He's potty training like a champ, but I had a feeling he would. He's always transitioned into things extremely well. He still has wet diapers and doesn't tell me when he's going but it is extremely rare (maybe once every 2 weeks) that I have to change a poopy diaper. He wears Pull-ups during the day and a diaper at night.
I think that's it....I have a million pictures to post so I'll do that in a separate post!



No comments:
Post a Comment