I've been very bad about updating our little blog :( Every time I sit down to do it I either get distracted by housework or by a certain young two year old!
So here we are at the beginning of October. My goodness September flew by! September is a very busy month for us, but mainly for my family.
On September 16 Keith and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! We didn't do anything special (not having a babysitter is a really getting us down!) but we did make a nice dinner and ate it after Aaron went to bed. It was nice being able to eat and talk and not get interrupted by "I'm all done! I want to play!" and "More water please!"
Silverware was the modern 5 year anniversary gift, and wood was the traditional one. I try to be creative every year and I had a hard time thinking of something good for Keith. It's hard to beat the first year anniversary gift of paper! Keith received 2 tickets to a Yankees game back then so I had to think of something to trump that.
After careful consideration (and a lot of input from some friends of mine) I finally decided on silver-to-wear as his silverware gift. He received a new titanium wedding band! He loves it and was so excited to get it. For his traditional gift of wood he (and I!) received a new tree for our front yard. He was pretty excited for that too.
On September 22 I turned (gulp!) 34 years old! Keith surprised me by taking the day off of work and I received a 1/2 day at a spa!!! It was very nice and relaxing. I got a massage, a pedicure, a manicure and a cute new haircut. After I was finished we went out to dinner with my dad and then we came back home to eat a yummy cake Keith made for me. Since we didn't buy any candles Keith stuck a "3" candle on my cake and then sang, "Happy 3rd birthday plus 31 more candles to you...." :D
In Aaron news, he's doing great! He's getting so tall though and is now in size 3T shirts and pants. He's still a skinny little guy though so I've been having to buy him pants with adjustable waist tabs just to keep them up. I tease that he's wearing pants similar to what I wore when I was pregnant with him ;)
His vocabulary simply amazes me every day. Today when we were shopping at Target he said, "Mommy's always pretty" which of course I loved hearing. Among some of the funny things he says:
"Hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin?"
"Hi gorgeous boy!" (when looking at himself in the mirror)
"Mommy I had good dreams. I dreamed (dreamt) about puppies, doggies and bumblebees!"
"Daddy I have major bed head!"
We've been taking a class through our parks and recreation department but he's not overly crazy about it. I'm not sure if it's because there are too many children in it, or if the class is too long, of if he just doesn't like it! We go with my friend Angie and her daughter Sylvia and Sylvia isn't crazy about it either. I think it's his age though - too much going on and too much to discover!
He loves to sing and often requests that I turn off Sesame Street and turn on the radio. I'm happy to comply! :) Some of his favorite songs are the 'Old Man' song ("This Old Man"), 'Come a day rain' ("Rain Rain go away"), 'Head showdderskneestoes' ("Head Shoulders Knees and Toes"), and 'Stomp feet song' (If you're Happy and you know it"). He likes to hop, spin in circles until he's dizzy and run, run and run! He's getting fiercely independent too and often says either, "I do it [my] self!" of "All by [my] self!" He's got wonderful manners and I never have to remind him (yet) to say Please and Thank you. He also blesses us after we sneeze and says, "Nice t'meetcha!" when shaking hands. What a good boy!
Recent pictures coming up next!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment