Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Baby, how you've grown!


Last day of school, May 17, 2007



























First day of school, September 12, 2006.

Well folks, there it goes. Aaron's first year of school is all done! It sure flew by. We are so happy with our decision to send him when we did. I know there's great controversy if 3 year olds should go to school, but I am ALL for it. It helped Aaron improve on so many different levels, and not all of them were academic. He's already sad that school is all done but I feel a bit differently. Sure I'll miss my few hours of free time (which were sadly never free, as I always spent them running errands, paying bills other than my own, and making phone calls) but I won't miss having Tuesdays and Thursdays blocked off and having to say no to so many things that seem to happen on those days.

Aaron loved school. His teachers were wonderful and you could tell that they really loved their job and they loved the kids. Today one of the assistants and I were talking and she mentioned that she lives 40 miles north of our town. When I asked if gas prices were hurting her she replied, "I don't care. I love my job and I love the kids and the paycheck doesn't matter". You can't ask for much more than that.

In other fun news, Aaron learned how to ride a big boy bike at the beginning of May. I think the bribe of, "If you learn, we can ride our bikes to Dairy Queen!!" might have helped. ;) He thinks he's quite hot stuff and he particularly loves honking his horn and ringing his bell. Who knew that teaching a child to ride a bike would be so difficult? But once he got the hang of it and fell off a few times he jumped right back on the horse and took off. That's my boy. He's always been very careful and particular about learning how to do something and making sure he gets it right before going at it full speed.

Mother's Day was very nice this year. Aaron made me a flowerpot at school (though I was secretly hoping for a macaroni necklace ;) ) which he kept secret from me. Okay, so the "We made you something! But it's a secret!" might have given it away but he was so proud of his work.

I have more to post but a certain young man is starving and hoping dinner materializes before his eyes in 2.3 seconds so I must go.

No comments: