Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Send me some Kleenex, please



Yesterday was Aaron's first day of KINDERGARTEN! Can you even believe it?

I had to wake him up for his first day (and today, his second)because he's not feeling 100%. But once I got him up he bounded out of bed saying, "Woo hooooo! It's my first day of school!"

He was ready to go in record time so i took a few minutes to take some pictures. I only shed a tear once and that was when he got dressed in the morning. He asked why I was crying and I told him that it was just last year that I had to still help him dress and now he can do everything all by himself. Sometimes you just want them to stay little for a little bit longer.

When he and I got to school I walked him over to his teachers. He's in a split classroom this year and Mrs. K teaches Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday. Mrs. H teaches every other Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Hopefully I can keep it straight. He got his name tag and then before we knew it his teachers said, "Give mom (and/or dad) a hug and tell them 'see you later!'" And that's exactly what he did.

I picked him up at 11:15 and when I asked him how his first day was he proclaimed, "It was fantastically awesome!".

Can't beat that!

When the kids were safely inside the moms and dads got to go into the parent room for *Coffee and Kleenex* time. We got to know one another a bit over coffee, juice and cookies. The woman who puts the parent activities together is awesome and I told her so. It really helps when a parent is really excited about a school because their enthusiasm rubs off on their children. Here's to your future academic success, Aaron!




Here is a short video of him saying goodbye, too.
http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=DD1ADA42C8F46EBE

No comments: