Aaron's costume this year is very sentimental for me. Except for his hat (thank you, Jacob!), everything is from my parents house!
His Union Pacific Railroad pin was my dad's.
His red bandana came from my mom's sewing room.
His red lantern was on a ledge in their basement.
But the best part? His coveralls. My mom made them for my brother sometime in the 60's (we think 1968) and we found them in our parents attic a few weeks ago when we were cleaning it out. For being 40 years old they were in great condition save for 3 buttons I needed to sew on the trap door behind. :) They fit Aaron perfectly and I am so excited he was able to wear one of my mom's creations afterall. I just know that a seamstress and a train collector up in Heaven are smiling down at their grandson today. Thanks mom and dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment