Monday, May 18, 2009

Ahem. Er. Um.....yeah.

So it looks like someone has fallen on the wayside on this here blog. I blame Facebook. ;) What's been going on in our life since January? A lot and not so much! First we'll cover Aaron stuff. He's been a busy boy! In January the entire AM and PM classes of Kindergarten were involved in a play. Aaron's class did a remake of "Click, Clack, Moooo..Cows that Type". Aaron played cow #3. I was *that* mom who waited until the night before to assemble his costume. I typically don't do that so this was a change for me! But still I think it turned out pretty well given the 11th hour. The classes sang 6 songs and each of the 4 classes did a skit. It was exhausting! His school also participated in Jump Rope for Hearts to benefit the AHA. Aaron's AM Kindergarten class raised the MOST money out of the entire school and they were rewarded with a donut party hosted by the phys. ed teacher. Is it just me or is that quite an oxymoron that the gym teacher fed the kids donuts? ;) Here's Aaron doing the limbo! Elegant Day is a school tradtion where the Kindergarten classes wear fancy clothes and spend the day learning manners and being ladies and gentlemen. They go to the gym and learn a dance, too. It is super cute! and some videos to share, too!
His class also participated in a beatnik coffeehouse! Each child dressed in black with berets, goatees, beards or sunglasses and receited a poem. Sorry for the headtilt in the video.


I enrolled Aaron in Tae Kwon Do in hopes that it would help build some muscle control and concentration. I was wrong on both accounts. :D He is built just like me - all arms and legs. And his gross motor skills appear to be not in a hurry to catch up with his rapidly growing self. But still - it was fun to watch him try to control his limbs with kicks and punches. We hit up the annual butterfly exhibit at the Frederick Meijer Gardens in April. I always try to pick a day where the weather is cooperative so that we can go outside and enjoy the children's gardens too. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day this year and we both had fun. This year, however, mommy didn't eat lunch before she left so her hands were shaky. This resulted in not getting as many cool butterfly shots as I have in year's past. Aaron's catechism class did a skit for the Festival of Faith at our church. It was so darn cute! Aaron's the 4th one from the left. And the loudest. ;)
This brings us pretty much up to date. Stay tuned in the next few weeks. A certain someone graduates from Kindergarten. Pass the Kleenex!

1 comment:

Karri said...

whew! his class sure does some fun stuff :)