Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well, well, well...

Yes, so sue me. I have been AWFUL at keeping our blog updated. And the more I think about it, I just might delete this one and create a new one. After all, a certain SOMEONE'S name (whom we shall not mention) is in the title of this blog and since he's no longer a part of it it seems silly to keep it.

So what is new in H-ville? First and foremost, Aaron started first grade back in September.



I was a little leary, as it's all day and he's never had to do that before. But he's doing great and is loving the variety of things his class does every day. Of course when asked his favorite parts of the day I am most always met with "LUNCH AND RECESS!" for responses. But he also tells me he loves language arts (is he my kid or WHAT?!) and science (yeah...not so much my kid there).

Aaron joined the Cub Scouts and has been having quite a lot of fun with the activities involved. What we did not care for was having to stand out in the 40 degree cold and rainy weather having to sell popcorn at Walmart on a Friday night.


We have been having fun this fall wth crafts and decorating and a few weekends ago we went on our annual trip to Post Family Farm. We had a ball doing things we always do and patiently waited in line 45 minutes for warm pumpkin donuts. Yes, they are THAT good! It is amazing to see the progression of how much Aaron grows each year and the things we have always done (pumpkin barrel cars, tire swing) are getting to be too small for him. It's so bittersweet!







As for me, I am plugging along. Did I think that this is where I'd be in life? A divorced, single mom, and unemployed. Yeah, not so much. But I am still enjoying what time I have left at home with Aaron and have been having lots of fun on weekends that he is with his dad. I've gone to a couple of Michigan State games and have met some new friends and am happier now more than ever. Funny how that happens, huh?

So that's it in a nutshell. I am sure I am leaving out a ton of important info but if you're on FB, you know what's happening on a daily basis anyway!

Bets on how long it takes me to update this again? ;)

No comments: