Wow - it's been quite awhile since I've posted in here! But since Keith was in that brace for the past 6 weeks I haven't had much time to do other things and unfortunately this was on the back burner. And really, we didn't really do a whole lot anyway. Keith couldn't walk, or drive, or stand or do pretty much anything requiring his legs/feet so in the past 6 weeks our lives consisted of me driving him, changing/playing/tending to Aaron, doing grocery shopping, cleaning the house and taking care of Keith. Later, rinse and repeat! LOL. But Keith did help out when he could which was a good thing for me.
Our Thanksgiving holiday was very nice. We went to Keith's mom's house and ate a great big huge fulfilling meal. I ate too much. I always eat too much. But then I had dessert too! :) I think I put my pjs on right after dinner :D Aaron enjoyed the feast as well. He had turkey, sweet potatos, mashed potatos, squash and a roll. Holy carb overload.
Keith had his follow-up appointment with the orthopedist on Tuesday. Boy was he glad to get that brace off. But the bad news is that his ankle didn't heal in the brace so those 6 weeks were for naught :( He's pretty bummed out because now he needs surgery. We requested to have the surgery before the end of the year so that we can meet this year's deductible and co-insurance (and it's still a bloody FORTUNE!) and thankfully the hospital was able to squeeze him in. It's an outpatient surgery and the procedure itself only takes between 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, depending on what they find when the surgeon goes in. So his surgery is set for December 13. If you could all think and/or pray for him that day I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
And what would a post in our blog be without an Aaron update? Our little prince is turning into quite a ham lately. We put up our Christmas tree on Sunday and he's already removed about a dozen ornaments, a row of my pretty ribbon (that I worked *SO* hard on to get juuuuuuuust right!), and has tugged on the tree lights. We say that anything remotely relating to anything electrical is "HOT!!" so he'll go up to the tree, stick his hand out to touch it (but never actually touching it - it's just within 1/8 of an inch) and whisper, "HOT!" It's so funny. And then when we say, "Aaaaaaaaaron...!" in a stern voice he'll turn and look at us and give us a big grin. He totally knows he's manipulating us. How on earth do they learn that? ;)
He's all about hugging and kissing lately too which is just pretty darn cool. He'll randomly run up to me and lay his head down on my stomach/knee/leg/arm/back and just rest for a minute there. He'll kiss us when asked too which is so sweet. He even does the smacking noise. He's very into sharing his milk with, well, just about anything. He's fed his Elmo, Grover, Dah-gee, Jenna, Carly, his leg and the carpet. Thank goodness for spill proof sippy cups!
Next post....PICTURES!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment