About 3 weeks ago Keith and I took Aaron out for a dinner 'date'. He got to choose the restaurant of his choice, and he chose Bob Evans. When he found out he could have pancakes he proclaimed, "Breakfast for dinner? That's just crazy!"
After dinner we took him to the store to pick out his big prize: Thomas underwear! We had told him that after his successful completion of potty success he got to get Thomas underwear. He grabbed the underwear off the rack and then held them up high for all to see in the store. He loved proclaiming, "I'm a big, big, BIG BOY NOW!"
Fast forward to the beginning of this week. I was helping him get dressed in the morning and he made the funniest statement. "Mommy, I am a big boy now. I wear Thomas underwear, not Bud Lights". As I sat there wondering how on earth he found out about Bud Light (or beer in general, and wondering what exactly he and daddy are doing on boys weekends together), it dawned on me that he meant Buzz Lightyear. Buzz was on the Pull ups he used to wear.
-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
This week in school he was learning about God and the Creation story (he goes to a private school in a church, FYI). So I was questioning him about it on our way home on Tuesday.
A: "Mommy! God made the sun! God made the moon!"
L: "Yes Aaron, He did. That's cool!"
A: "And who's that other guy, mommy?"
M :"Do you mean Jesus?"
A: "Yes mommy. That guy Jesus is at church too".
Ah, my boy. He never ceases to make me laugh.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment