Monday, October 02, 2006

But mommy, why?

Why? Why can't I touch outlets , mommy? Why do dogs have black fur, mommy? Why is our car white but that car is red, mommy? Why does Sylvia have long hair, mommy?

It's here. The ubiquitous why stage. Oh, how I wish we would have missed this milestone. While it's cool that Aaron is so very curious about his environment sometimes I just don't have the answers! You may sometimes find me saying under my breath "Why are you asking so many questions?" :D

And how sad that sometimes I just want to say, "Because I said so! That's why!" But I try to turn the question around and ask him why he thinks the dogs have black fur. Gets him every time.

-=-=-=-=-=
Aaron is entering his 4th week of school this week. So far he's liked it quite a bit. He has had tears a few times but one of his teachers, Ms. Amy, gives him a hug and tells him I'll be back soon. It breaks my heart every time I think of his lip quivering and wanting me when I'm not there. :(

Hands down his favorite thing about school is snack time. Surprising, isn't it? He is always very excited and happy to tell me what kind of crackers they got and what color juice he got to drink. Juice is a new thing for him since we don't drink it here at home.

He also really likes being able to run around the gym with a bunch of balls or being able to go outside on the playground.

On his first day he brought me home a drawing. Watching some of the kids bring out very colorful pictures to their parents, I got excited to see what Aaron painted that day. He was very proud to show me his paper with 2 very brown blobs on it. While somewhat amusing, it was also somewhat sad. Hopefully he doesn't see his world as brown! But no matter...artwork deserves a place of honor in this home and we have it displayed prominently on the fridge for all to see.

Tonight we have an ice cream social/open house to attend at his school. It'll be fun for him to show us his classroom and we'll be able to see how he interacts with the other kids in his class and with his teachers.

Have I mentioned that there are EIGHT boys in his class and only 3 girls? I can imagine how active the classroom is. So far he's learned the names of 3 boys and it will be fun to see what kind of friends he makes this year.


No comments: