Sunday, October 15, 2006

Flashlights.

As all toddlers do, Aaron is becoming slightly afraid of the dark. He refuses to go into his room unless his light is on or unless the shades are open.

He's also learned to stall at bedtime, seeking snuggles from mommy as a way to postpone going to bed. As if I have an arguement to that! :)

Anyway. Last night Keith and I were laying in bed with him after reading him a story. He sang his "Sunshine" song and said his prayers. Keith reminded him that if he needed us he could press his hand into his cheek (because we kiss his palm before leaving) and we'd be right there.

Out of nowhere Aaron asks, "Mommy? Does God watch over me at night?"
"Yes Aaron. He does".

Aaron pondered this for a minute and then said,
"What kind of flashlight does God have when He comes to visit me at night? Do you think He has an orange flashlight, mommy? I think He does".

A flashlight!

Who says age three is so bad? I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!

No comments: