Tap tap tap. Is this thing on?
Ahem.
And I was doing so well keeping this updated. What can I say.
Well geez, since my last post in here was last year let's just move right along, shall we?
Last week we had parent teacher conferences at Aaron's school.
What did we learn?
We learned that Aaron is a very polite student and has very nice manners. His teacher said that he is always saying his pleases and thank yous. Proud parents? You bet! :D
We learned that Aaron knows all of his alphabet by sight and knows his numbers too. He easily recognizes shapes and colors (and today he told me that a plastic bag was crinkled up in an octagon shape and he was RIGHT!) and loves to sing and dance.
We learned that he sticks by the quieter children and shies away from the loud, boisterous boys. Have I ever mentioned that there are 9 boys in his class and only 4 girls? Ay.
We learned that Aaron has very low stamina for physical activities. He is easily overwhelmed by balls being thrown at him (hello, who isn't?) and tires easily. Hmmm. If you could see the way he runs in circles around our living room I would bet you wouldn't think he has low stamina.
We also learned that our boy is a worrier. I can't imagine where he gets that from [/sarcasm] since Keith and I don't worry. Nuh-uh. Nope. Never. Not us. Cough cough. So that's something we need to work on with him. He does not handle change very well which has always been an issue in our house.
But in general he's doing a really good job and his teacher said he is a joy to have in class. We went ahead and signed him up for 3 days next year (MWF) for the same time (9-11:30) and he's excited about that. He cracks me up though because he doesn't quite grasp that he'll be 4 and going into the 4 year old classroom. He thinks his 3 year old teachers will be his teachers for the rest of his life! :)
We also have been taking him to gymnastics classes through our parks and rec department. It's his daddy/son time and he loves it. Some of the activities they are asked to do are a bit of a challenge but even Keith and I have a hard time doing them. He's a pro now at somersaults and jumping and walking on the balance beam.
Keith is starting to enter his extreme busy time at work so all too soon we'll have days where he goes into work at 6 and doesn't get home until 10 or 11pm. Aaron is going to have a really hard time with that this summer since most of our activities (school, storytime, gymnastics) will have ended and he'll be stuck with boring ol' mom all day. ;)
Oh how we are longing for warmer days. We were spoiled a few weeks ago with temps in the 40s. Woo hoo - break out the flip flops! Since we had a warmer early start to winter it seems like it is just never going to end. Bleh.
I'd post some pictures but someone (whose name rhymes with teeth) won't let me get a new camera yet and ours is HORRIBLE and taking grainy and out of focus shots. I told him I was going to get one before Aaron's birthday and he's agreeable to that.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment