I can hardly believe it.
Is Aaron really, truly old enough to be heading to Kindergarten already?
It's crazy.
We're really excited about it though. I am already in love with the school we chose (which is more than I can say about his current year pre-school program) and I'm looking forward to it! We decided to send him to a local charter academy. Our public school system is rather....unpleasant to put it nicely. Even though if we had chosen to send him to public school Kindergarten, the elementary school is among one of the best.
But we had heard wonderful things about the charter academy and decided to give it a try. There was so much interest that there is a lottery system to get in. Aaron was number 5 on the waiting list and last week we received the call that he had moved to accepted status.
Today he had Kindergarten Roundup and they set it up so cute! When we walked in Aaron received a sheriff's badge with his name on it. The activities the kids had to do all centered around a country western theme. When Aaron was all finished he came out and was given a cookie in the shape of a cowboy boot with the school name written on it. Then he got his picture taken in a cowboy hat next to a barn cut-out on the wall.
When I asked him what his favorite part was (I wasn't allowed to go into the room with him) he answered......
....."The cookie at the end!"
Sigh.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment