Monday, May 12, 2008

1, 2, 3..............ONE HUNDRED!

Why is it that kids think the number 100 is the biggest, hugest number there is? Aaron's been on this numbers kick lately, counting up as high as he can go. He needs help from us to get to 30, 40, 50, etc, but without fail he'll say, "37, 38, 39....100?" and we'll say, "No, 40 is next" and on and on. When he actually gets to 100 he thinks he's the cat's meow.

At dinner time he'll say he's too full to finish his vegetables or meat. I'll try to bargain with him and say, "Take 4 more bites of chicken and 3 more of vegetables". He'll bargain back with, "No, how about I take ONE HUNDRED bites instead?" Well, if you insist!

Today we were at his grandpa's house collecting lilacs. :) I was getting his bike ready to ride home and he asked if he could jump off the back porch onto the ground. I said sure! (But first he wanted to put his helmet on just in case ;) ).

So he's standing up on the porch and I said, "Do a blast off countdown!" and sure enough I heard,
"5, 4, 3, 2, 1...ONE HUNDRED!"

I figure if I ask him if he wants a million dollars or a hundred dollars I'll still win. :D

No comments: