Since this is a year for starting new traditions, I had to dig deep into my creative self to find something fun for Aaron this Christmas.
I had heard of the Elf on the Shelf and thought it might be fun to start something like that. So off we went to Marshalls, where I bought a posable elf. Aaron didn't know I bought said elf but he saw me checking them out. Now that he's getting older he's much more in tune to the things I'm doing so I have to use some creativity to purchase things in front of him.
The elf magically appeared when Aaron was resting one day. It was sitting on our mantle along with a note which read:
Dear Aaron:
It is my pleasure to introduce to you a very special Magic Elf. She has been assigned to you and your family this Christmas! You may give her a name if you’d like.
She will visit your home every day until Christmas Eve to observe the behavior of a certain little boy in this house – YOU!
When I arrive on Christmas Eve, she will present me with the report and will take it back with her to my workshop on the North Pole.
Be aware! Her job is to explore the house from top to bottom, so she may get into all sorts of mischief. She will hide every day and it is your job to find her. I hope you have fun with her, as she will disappear on Christmas Eve.
Be very, very good this Christmas! And be especially nice to your mom and dad and dogs and friends.
Love, Santa
I asked Aaron if he wanted to name her, and he said yes. After carefully thinking for a few minutes he said, "I think her name should be.......Flower Gabriella Hurst". Um, okay!
Flower has gotten into quite a bit of mischief since she's been in our home. So without further ado, may I present to you Flower Gabriella?
Looks like Flower hit the eggnog a little too hard the first night. We found her hanging from the curtain rod in the living room!
She was a little excited that we decorated for Christmas the evening before, so she apparently wanted to be part of the decorations.
Flower must have heard Aaron and I having a dance party the evening before so here she is doing her best John Travolta moves.
Here we find Flower swinging from the chandelier in the kitchen. Me thinks she found the alcohol stash.
Yo! Wassup?
Oh, look here. Looks like our Flower is a reader! Good for her.
Flower wanted to see where the laundry goes. Good thing she got stuck before falling into the cold dark basement!
Stay tuned for more of her antics as Christmas approaches!



1 comment:
I hate when elves get into the alcohol! Let's just hope she wasn't getting sick in the laundry chute!
I'll say it again--it's such a clever idea. I'm glad it's quite the hit in the house. :)
Post a Comment