I think the terrible twos (or the outrageous ones as I like to call them) are starting here in the H house! Aaron's been having a really hard time with a lot of stuff lately and it is just so sad to see him throw himself down on the floor and cry :(
We attempted to get his hair cut last week and it wasn't very fun. My friend Amy is a stylist and she cut it for us at her house. Thank goodness - Aaron screamed the entire time and it sure would have been not-so-fun at a salon! As it was, Amy's daughter Sophie cried a couple of times too because Aaron was crying so much.
He is also suddenly very very afraid of the vacuum. Keith just got it out of our broom closet the other night and Aaron went into hysterics. Who knew someone so small could make so much noise. I think it's mostly that he's afraid of loud noises. The other day we were driving and I stopped to let an ambulance pass. It had its sirens blaring and its lights flashing and Aaron just about lost it. I ended up having to pull over to calm him down. What was weird was that a few days later I was in the same spot and Aaron started crying again. It's as if he remembered that we were there when the ambulance went by. Poor little guy! :(
In fun news though, last weekend we went to a Cider Mill near here for donuts, cider and to pick out a pumpkin. Aaron had great fun running around amongst the pumpkins. Too bad it was way too cold (in the 40s!) out to stay for very long. The place was still packed though. Nothing like a crisp and cool fall day to bring out the droves of people in search of a good pumpkin!
Keith went to the doctor a few weeks ago to have his ankle checked out. His ankle has been bothering him for years but it finally got bad enough that he decided to find out why. His doctor sent him for X-rays, which showed a bone abnormality and severe cartilage damage. Once he had the X-rays, his doctor then sent him for a MRI! The MRI showed a fracture in his ankle and a tumor. Thank God the tumor is benign. So today he went to the orthopedist who then told him that he has to see yet ANOTHER doctor. This guy is an ankle surgeon and the doctor he saw today thought he might need arthoscopic surgery. UGH. That is so not going to be fun. We'll know more next week when he sees the ankle surgeon. But something good did come out of it - the orthopedic's office is one I helped design and sold the majority of the office furniture for a few years back. Keith was able to see my work and he thought the office was cool! :)
I have some pictures to post of Aaron at the pumpkin patch....Stay tuned!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment