Friday, October 15, 2004

So...what's new with us?

It's been awhile since I've updated here, but for very good reason. I haven't mentioned this to a lot of people yet because we're still in the planning stages, but the H family is considering a move to Wisconsin! Keith has a great lead on a job through a colleague he works with. He'd be doing the exact same thing as before, only he's be working UNDER someone else rather than being self-employed. This means good things: getting taxes taken out of his check AND getting our health insurance paid for! Currently our health insurance for the 3 of us is just insane. It was nice to have my insurance when I was working, but after I quit we went on COBRA. The cost difference wasn't much which was nice, but now we have our own insurance. Being self-employed certainly takes a toll on your savings, that's for sure.

So anyway, we're going out to Wisconsin to visit on November 3rd through November 6th. We are going to check things out to see if we like the area at all. Of course in our current situation, I have to think that ANYTHING is better than where we are here! The most important thing is that we'll be able to meet people with younger families like ourselves. Right now we have a few set of friends that have children, but most of them do not. Hopefully we'll know more about our potential upcoming move when we return. And of course, you all know how much we LOVE to move, right?

Oh, and did I mention that we're going by ourselves? Without Aaron? :( This will be the very first time he has stayed with someone else other than us. Keith isn't having such a hard time with it as I am because he's left Aaron before when he's had to travel for work. But even he said he was sad because even though he's left him before, he knew he was leaving him with *ME* and he didn't worry as much. Aaron will stay with Keith's mom in Albany. We're meeting them 1/2 way on Election Day, and then we'll part ways. I'm not at all worried that he won't be in good hands, but I do worry that he will be a little apprehensive without his mommy and daddy around. Of course Keith's mom is in her glory that she'll have her grandson all to herself for 4 whole days. And while we're sad to be leaving him, we are admittedly a little bit excited to have a life that doesn't end at 7:00 PM when we put Aaron to bed ;) We might actually *gasp* go to a movie! Go out for dinner! Eat an entire meal! WOW! I already told MaryAnn to expect a bunch of phonecalls and she laughed and said she figured as much.

So anyway....what else is new? Aaron got a molar and has been going through a growth spurt. When he first started walking I bought him a pair of shoes in a size 4. The other day I got him measured and he is a size 6! The woman who measured him told me to expect that he'll need new shoes every 2 months. Wow. I didn't expect that! But he's walking well, sleeping great at night (the other day he slept for nearly 15 hours! HOLY COW!) and eating pretty decently. He has discovered Elmo on Sesame Street and squeals with delight when he sees him. He also gets quite sad when either the show or his Sesame Street DVD is over and runs over to the TV cabinet and tugs on the doors. It's as if he knows the DVD player is locked up inside and he wants to get at it. He's quite cute.

I have some more pictures to add and I even took some of him in his Halloween costume. But you'll have to wait until October 31 for those! ;)

No comments: