Thursday, September 23, 2004

RIbs and diapers......

So last night we decided to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate my birthday. It was our first time going there (they just opened this Spring I think) and it was SO good! I'm not really a rib fan but decided to order some. They were mouthwatering, and for once Keith wanted what *I* ordered instead of the other way around ;) Aaron of course was good as gold. I wish we could go out to dinner every night because away from home he's such a charmer (especially to the women on the waitstaff!) and eats like a champ.
Anyway, Keith resisted the temptation to tell them it was my birthday. Thank goodness, since we could hear that someone else in the restaurant was having his 47th birthday. His waitress jumped up on the table and the entire restaurant had to give a big "YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAW". Uh, no thanks.

But I had a great birthday (even though Erik tried to wish me a happy 38th birthday! I had to remind him I'm only 5 DAYS older than him and not 5 YEARS like he wishes). I let Keith off the hook and told him I'd buy my own gift this year. I get what I want and he is happy to not stress about a gift. It's weird, but it works for us :D So I went and got a pair of pants and a few new shirts. Exciting, huh? Upon going through my clothes I decided that it was time to lose the MSU Pub Crawl shirt (Bari!) and various other Spartan Marching Band/Detroit Social Club/Dave Matthews Band concert/Elmo t-shirts. Geez, I feel so 'adult' now.

And the diapers thing....man I swear we go through these things like they're candy! I secretly think someone is breaking into our house at night and a) wearing our clothes and creating more laundry and b)stealing diapers. I went to Sam's today to get the jumbo box o' diapers. I get all weird and price check everything, and I decided that diapers cost about $.22 each. So $.22 x 6 diapers a day (or 10 in the early months of life) x 2 1/2 years of diapers = parents going broke! And I love that the bigger the diapers go the fewer you get in a package. Thanks.


No comments: