I got this idea from Sarah (who hopefully doesn't think I'm a big stalker and always copies her!) and thought it would be a cool way for all of our family and friends to keep up with us. Now that Aaron's a mover and a shaker (more shaking than actual moving!), we can post lots of pictures of our little man.
So here's a last update on our little prince Aaron. He's really not quite so little anymore! :( At last check (on an actual baby scale) he was 24 lbs, 7 oz. He has to be somewhere near 31-32" tall though. I think he's got the perfect blend of both the Skr---- family and the Hur-- family in him. He's fair like his mommy, has mommy's blue eyes, and mommy's tall genes ;), but he has daddy's build, daddy's family's red hair, and daddy's stuborness! ;)
Here's a last check and count of the fun things he says and does:
He knows where his hair is, where his ears are, where his nose is, and where his feet are.
He can say, "Shhhhhh" (which is more like Sttttthhhhhh"!), roar like a lion "RAR RAR RAR!", pant like a dog, and meow (MEEE RAR) like a cat. He can also hold his nose when I say, "Peeeeeeeee Uuuuuuuu!". Today he learned to say socks, but he whispers it like it's a big secret! :) He knows how to say banana (bah-nah-nah), mom, daddy, doggy (dah-gee), and hi. He knows the sign language signs for more, all gone, and drink.
He is quite a big eater and has a great metabolism! This kid can really pack it away. I think we're in trouble during those growth spurts during the teen years. For example, this morning he ate 3 bowls of brown rice cereal (similar to rice Krispys) with milk, an entire banana, and a bowl of fruit. We're still working on him self-feeding himself things like vegetables and fruit chunks though. I think he'll be like his mommy and prefer his veggies to be raw rather than cooked. He does feed himself things like scrambled eggs, meats, cheeses, apples, crackers, ravioli and cereal.
He has 8 teeth at last count and we know a few more are coming. These pesky molars are the worst! I keep thinking that we have 8 down, but we still have 12 more to go before all of his teeth are in. YIKES!
Keith is doing really well with his job. He's starting to wind down for the Fall though and won't be extremely busy until his Spring season starts. He's very excited because we just bought him a new(er) car and he got rid of the dad-mobile. He got a 2003 Hyundai Sonata. Still a 4 door sedan - still a family car! He has his heart set on a Ford F250 someday though. I told him that mayyyyyyyyyybe when we no longer have car seats to worry about that we could consider it.
And I am doing very well! I love being able to be home with Aaron and it's pretty darn amazing to watch the new things he learns everyday. We still stay busy though and it's hard to believe that it's the middle of September already. We had a great time this summer using our kiddie pool and swing. I can't believe it's almost time to pack those things away for the winter already though.
Soon Aaron'll be 15 months old. Can you believe that we've been here in NY for 3 years in November already? Keith and I were just saying yesterday that time does just flash before your eyes.
Anyway, keep checking back on us. I'll try to keep this updated (and with recent pictures too!) as well as I can.
Take care!
Lynn
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



2 comments:
Keith, Lynn and Aaron,
What a good idea -- your own website with lots a picture of Aaron! It will be easier to be in touch. I feel enjoyed all the the pictures and text you wrote about him. It made me really like you all were almost here in New Mexico. Boy has he grown and cute as a button. I am going to forward your email to Cousin Debbie so she can see Aaron too.
Good to here from you.
Love,
Auntie M. ;^D
I'm so glad Melinda sent this to me. What a darling little guy Aaron is! Such a change from the newborn pictures she sent me. Unbelievable that he's almost 15 months old. The website is a wonderful idea to keep family and friends up to date. I'll be checking it often. I'm happy that you're all doing so well.
Love,
Cousin Debbie
Post a Comment