Monday, September 27, 2004

A visit to New York City....

This past weekend we drove to NYC to visit with Keith's brother Erik and his wife Cindy. Baby Jack is already getting so big! He was full of coo's and making cute baby sounds. Erik and Cindy are there for a month so that Erik can give Columbia University a trial run. They were able to get a HUGE 2 bedroom apartment right on Broadway and 113th street so it's convenient for shopping and fun stuff. The apartment really could be a great spot if only the guy who lives there currently made an effort to keep it clean and/or decorate it nicely. Still, the place was really big NYC-wise.
On Saturday we took a walk to Central Park which was fun. We were only able to do a short distance but it was neat to see this huuuuuuuuge piece of green land in the middle of the hustle-y and bustle-yness of NYC.
On Sunday we went to a brunch hosted by a guy who works in the Economics Dept at Columbia. Their apartment was very nice and very cool. The food was great and Aaron had a good time looking around at all of the many children that were there. He got attached to a ball belonging to one of the little girls there and had a little crying spell anytime we tried to take it away from him. I was afraid that ball was going to come home with us but he finally let it go. ;) Whew! I was able to hold baby Jack for just about an hour and he just slept contently on my chest. It's so weird thinking that Aaron was once that tiny.

He is officially walking 95% of the time and it is very funny watching him. He is full of hugs lately too. When we say, "Aaron, can you put your head on mommy/daddy's shoulder?" He lay his head down on us and stay like that for a little while. It is very cute to see! He learned to hiss like a snake this weekend too.

And speaking of animals.....did I mention that we had 4 mice in our house? One of them made it upstairs to our bedroom (EWWWWWWWW!) but the others have all been in the basement. Luckily for us the traps we set (10 of them! Ha!) have been working. I'm not sure how they got in but 4 mice is entirely 4 too many! I told Keith I was ready to get a cat and I really don't like cats at all.

I'll post some Aaron pictures from last week next.

No comments: